The North Bay Basketball Academy is hosting a Hoops of Hope Free Throw event on March 25 and April 1, 2012!!
To learn about how Hoops of Hope got started, click here.
Come join us in helping the children of Africa and people of India. This year, for every $40 that Hoops of Hope sends to a village in Malawi an orphan will be fed for a year! We will also be helping to build a community center and clean water wells in the same village, as well as 2 wells in India, which will help entire villages of people for many years! 25% of donations collected for this event will benefit the North Bay Basketball Academy Financial Assistance Fund as well!
Here is the information that you'll find helpful in getting ready to participate in the event.
Just follow these 3 steps:
1. Create a Fundraising Page to Collect Tax-Deductible Online Donations
- Visit the Hoops of Hope website.
- Click "Start Fundraising"" and then select the date of our event: 2012.
- To join our event, click on the "Join Now" button. You will then be asked to sign in to your Firstgiving account. If you are new to the site, you will need to fill out the profile information then click "continue". (If you already have an account with Firstgiving this step is skipped for you and you can simply sign in.)
- Once you are logged-in, click "Find a Team to Join" and a list of teams will appear.
- Select the team that you wish to join: NBBA H4H.
- Then click to "create and personalize" your page and follow the instructions on the site.
- Please set your fundraising goal at $240 or more. We find that most participants are able to raise at least $100 without too much effort and many are able to raise much more.
Once your page is set up, please email the link to your page to friends and family to tell them of your commitment to raise awareness and money for kids orphaned by AIDS. You can also post your link on your Facebook page.
Also, letting people know that every $40 raised will go to feed a child for a year really helps people understand the impact of their donation.
2. Collect Tax-Deductible "Offline" Donations As Well
- In addition to using the fundraising page, you can also use the paper form to solicit offline donations from neighbors, friends, and anyone else who may not be able to receive your fundraising webpage by email.
- Click here to download the Offline Donation Form.
- You can let people know that all donations are tax deductible and if they provide you with their address, we can send them a tax receipt.
3. Practice Your Free Throws
- The NBBA Free Trow Shooting Event will be on March 25th and April 1st
- Your coaches will know your participation date after tryouts.
- Each shot you take represents the life of a child orphaned by HIV/AIDS. According to the UN, this happens every 14 seconds, which is about how long it takes to shoot a hoop, rebound, and get set for the next shot. You're making a huge difference for them, and we are so proud of you!
Questions or More Info...
Please let our event organizer know if you have any questions. Or, you may contact Hoops of Hope directly...
If you would like to make an online donation now, please use this link:
DONATE NOW >>
Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you at the NBBA Free Trow Shooting Event on March 25th and April 1st!